Why I’m Building a Ninja Army
Early reviews on sites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Google Play, and Goodreads are super important for helping readers discover new books. Before a major book launch, the big publishers typically send out a bunch of free copies to book reviewers and magazines to get some early buzz.
As an indie author, I don’t have these connections, but I DO have a bunch of really awesome readers who help me spread the word.
Your voice matters, and by reading one of my books early and posting a review, you’re telling other readers why they might like the book.
The Ninja Oath
Before you pledge your undying loyalty as a member of my Ninja Team, please read through the following guidelines to complete your membership:
- As a Ninja, I promise to read every advanced review copy I receive and post a review on my favorite retailer’s website and/or Goodreads within seven days.
- As a Ninja, I promise I will not post advanced review copies online or distribute copyrighted material in any other way. Books are how Tarah makes a living and how her cat gets fed, so it’s important that people actually buy them.
- As a Ninja, I promise to keep the outcome of each book TOP SECRET until the official release date so I do not spoil the ending for other readers.
- As a Ninja, I promise to tell all my friends who love dystopian novels about Tarah’s books so they will want to become Ninjas, too.
If you read and agree to the guidelines above, fill out your info here. It takes less than 10 seconds.
If you’re a Super Ninja, you may be wondering what else you can do to spread the word about my books.
Here are a few ideas:
- Post about the books on social media.
- Review the books on multiple retail sites and Goodreads, or review my old books. The Defectors could really use some love.
- Talk to your book club about reading one of my books. (I make special virtual appearances for book club discussions!)
Thanks for your support! I really appreciate it!