It’s been a while since I posted an update, so I thought I’d check in to let you know how things have been cooking on book five of The Fringe.
Tons of you have been emailing and Facebooking me asking when the Fringe finale will be released, and I’ve been pretty vague because I honestly had no clue. I’ve had a lot going on the past month: I got a puppy, I’ve been shopping for a house in Colorado Springs, and I’ve been cleaning out a bunch of stuff I’ve had in storage since high school to prepare for my move this summer.
As most of you know, I don’t like to rush through the editing process because I always want the book to be the best it can be. Since this is the last in the series, I want to make sure I tie up all the loose ends and create satisfactory endings for all the characters we love so much.
I’ve had a lot of tough decisions to make, but I’ve tried to take a backseat to the characters and let them determine their fates.
I don’t want to give away too much about book five, but I’ll give you the same cryptic hints that I shared with my newsletter subscribers.
***Caution: Lockdown spoilers ahead!***
- Owen is being held by Constance, and Celdon is having a crisis of conscience.
- Sage and Jackson have joined Team Eli/Harper, but not everyone is in agreement on how things should be done.
- The virus will claim more innocent lives, and Harper will have to decide whether to stand by the man she loves or venture on to find a cure.
- Sawyer will have to make a tough choice that will determine whether or not she gets to see her parents again.
- Robin and Gunner will reappear for the finale.
- A compound leader will step up as an unlikely good guy. But is it too little too late?
- The silent war between Recon and the drifters will come to a head, and nothing will ever be the same again.
Fringe five is all about choice and redemption, with some characters making the right choices and some making the wrong ones. I’m very excited for you to read it.
Based on my current progress and my editor’s timeline, the book should be available for digital download sometime in June. If you haven’t joined my mailing list yet, make sure you do so. List members are the FIRST to get exciting updates on book releases and access to special promos and reader extras. I promise you’ll love it.